On Wednesdays, you have the chance to visit wineries in two adjacent regions, San Gimignano and Chianti Classico.
The medieval towers of San Gimignano alone are a view to behold. This is Tuscany’s only well known white wine region.
We’ll visit an organic winery that has a production of the finest whites of the region from young and fresh to structured whites. After a visit to the vineyards, we'll taste a variety of whites together with delicious appetizers.
Stretch your legs in San Gimignano before heading towards Chianti Classico where we will stop at an old hamlet turned winery with a lovely restaurant.
After a divine tasting menu served with the winery’s own wines, we will head to the third winery. It’s an old fairytale-like castle, family-owned and with an organic wine production dedicated to native grape varieties. We’ll visit the old historical cellars, hear the stories of the castle and taste wines like nobility!
● Guided 9 hr wine tour experience by our English speaking expert Grape Guide!
● Semi-private wine tour with private visit to San Gimignano's most prestigious winery, an excellent lunch at winery in Chianti Classico, and private visit to a castle in Chianti Classico.
● Whites and reds sampled during the day, from regulated to unruly IGTs.
● Enjoy a great lunch at the second winery.
● Start the day off with a stroll in San Gimignano and see the famous village of the medieval towers before the crowds come in.
Price & tour info
Price: €275 per person (all-inclusive)
Time of departure: 9 am
Meeting point: Grape Tours office in
Via dei Renai 19, Florence.
Pick-up outside Florence (Galluzzo) available: YES
Total time: Around 9 hrs
Size: min 3 - 6 pp (if the tour doesn't reach min number of participants we will contact you with alternatives)
Distance: 1 hr approx
Min age to participate: 16 yrs
Allergy-friendly? Yep, make sure to mention to your guide.
Wines tasted: Many...whites in San Gimignano and reds in Chianti Classico.
Wineries accept credit cards for wine purchases.
Shipping available from the Grape Tours office (